Dóchas invites you to its annual conference to be held:
Thursday 3 May, in the Croke Park Conference Centre, Dublin, from 10.30am - 5.30pm.
The conference focuses on public engagement – what we are doing well and what can we do better in order to engage the Irish public in the fight against global poverty, inequality and injustice. Tickets can be purchased via Eventbrite.
- Heba Aly, Director, IRIN, who'll tell us about the dangers of junk news, and how we need to find methods of talking about complex issues in an easier way
- Dr Danny Sriskandarajah, Secretary General and CEO, CIVICUS, will explore why we, civil society, remain relevant, but that we need to build a dynamic global solidarity movement
- Further speakers to be confirmed!
Breakout Sessions include:
- 'Tweets from The Top: Social media as a platform for new connections' with Twitter
- 'Changing the public attitude to overseas aid' with communications expert Will Tucker
- More sessions to be announced!
Dóchas invite you to debate, engage and bring new ideas to the challenge of building greater public support for global development.
Tickets can be purchased via Eventbrite. A limited number of Early Bird and Group discounts are available for the next ten days, until 8 March, so early booking is advised. Any queries about the conference can be directed to email@example.com.